FMR Advisory has been established to help address two key areas:
The regulatory obligations impacting so many institutions as they prepare for MiFID
Conduct based initiatives to ensure the best possible culture is lived by the firm
Over the last year we have focused our regulatory work on preparation for MiFID II & MAR and mitigation of Conduct Risk. Whether you are wrestling with setting up your Systematic Internaliser, planning for a Best Execution regime, working on distribution controls for information to clients, or concerned about front office conduct risk in areas such as fixings and sales relationships - we can help plan and integrate the most efficient approach.
Frequently encountered client issues:
- business rules within an SI such as simultaneous price making to customers
- building workflow tools to recognise MiFID investor protection requirements
- establishing Best Execution Policy and Execution rules - including for Spot FX!
- setting up Code of Conduct training and acknowledgment
- establishing robust monitoring & record keeping for client comms under MAR
From one day working through your strategic approach with the senior management team, to working through a gap analysis to define the required work streams, to the implementation plan over a period of months…
…We can help!